PROTOCOL OF THE CONSULTATIVE MEETING OF THE MEMBERS OF THE WORKING GROUP ON ORGANIZATION OF RETURN OF REFUGEES, IDPS AND DISPLACED PERSONS, REGISTERED BY THE RESPECTIVE BODIES OF THE SIDES ON MIGRATION AS A RESULT OF THE GEORGIAN-OSSETIAN CONFLICT TO THE PLACES OF THEIR FORMER PERMANENT SETTLEMENT
1. The participants of the meeting
unanimously have accepted the proposal on the participation of the
2. The Georgian side was absent from the meeting because of its non-readiness for the discussion of the reviewed problem (Letter No 2/30 of 21.10.96).
3. To propose to the Georgian side
to take part in the meeting of the Working Group of JCC in the city of
4. In the framework of the meeting was discussed and reviewed the draft of “Regulations of Return of Refugees, IDPs and Displaced Persons Registered by the Respective Bodies of the Sides on Migration as a Result of the Georgian-Ossetian Conflict to the Places of their Former Permanent Settlement”, submitted by the Russian side.
The participants of the meeting are proposing to review the submitted project as a basis at the meeting of the Working Group.
5. During the discussion, the
representatives of the
a) The sides support the volunteer choice of refugees of the different places of inhabitance within the conflict zone, irrespective of the places of their former inhabitance;
b) To appeal to the JCC in case of allocation of funds for restoration work to into account the settlement of the returned refugees;
c) To appeal to the JCC to review the issue of creation of entire fund, providing for restoration work on households for the return of refugees and IDPs.
d) To take note of the fact that the full material compensation for material and moral damages, taken by refugees, their lost housing and giving them the privileged loans, is carried out at the expense of state funds of the side, responsible for the inflicted damage.
6. The mission of the UNHCR in the city of Vladikavkaz considers it appropriate to decide an issue of postponing the military service of the returning refugees and IDPs in the army of the receiving side by 2 years (in case of their appeal to the respective bodies), this will facilitate the return of youth to the former places of residence.
7. The sides agreed on the necessity to simplify procedure of crossing the borders for the representatives of the International organizations, participating in the settlement of the Georgian-ossetian conflict.
Chairman A. Korotkov
(Archive of the Office of the State Minister of