PROTOCOL # 1 OF THE MEETING OF THE WORKING GROUP OF THE JCC ON THE RESOLUTION OF THE PROBLEMS OF REFUGEES AND IDPS AS A RESULT OF THE GEORGIAN-OSSETIAN CONFLICT
City of Borjomi, April 17-18 1997.
Agenda of the meeting:
Discussion of the draft УStatute of the ad hoc committee of the JCC on facilitation of the volunteer return of refugees and IDPs to the places of their former permanent settlement.Ф
1. Participants of the meeting propose to the JCC to discuss and to approve the agreed draft УStatute of the ad hoc committee of the JCC on facilitation of the volunteer return of refugees and IDPs to the places of their former permanent settlement.Ф
2. To appeal to the sides to determine the personal membership of their representatives in the committee and to find possibilities to create respective conditions and funding of their activity.
3. To appeal to the UNHCR to demonstrate assistance in the technical provision of the activities of the Committee.
4. The Committee shall submit on regular basis to the plenary sessions of JCC reports on the conducted work, related to the realization of the Procedure.
5. In the course of work on realization of the Procedure, the working group and the Committee define the advisability of introduction of amendments and additions to the mentioned Statute and recommend the necessary proposals for the discussion of JCC.
Chairman (signed)† †††††††††††††††††††† †
On behalf of the Georgian side (signed)†††
On behalf of the South-Ossetian side (signed)
On behalf of the Russian side (signed)
On behalf of the Northern-Ossetian side (signed)
On behalf of the OSCE (signed)††††††††††††
On behalf of the UNHCR (signed)
(Archive of the staff of the State Minister of Georgia on Conflict Settlement)